Rick Joyner and Joseph Smith and Their Missions to Recover a Message that was Never Lost
Rick Joyner and Joseph Smith have some things in common. They both have books. Rick had his visions so they would be put in book form. He was told over and over again in his visions that he must write what he sees.
Rick Joyner and Joseph Smith have also introduced many nonbibicial doctrines. However, the thing that is most strikingly similar is their missions to restore the Church when it doesn't need restoring.
Here is the evidence:
1. Eagle (to Rick): "We are not complete and our worship is not complete until the whole body is restored." (p. 69 Final Quest)
Comment: The body doesn't need to be restored. The eagle is lying. He is an animal spirit guide, a demon.
2. "Fake" Paul speaking: "There are two things we attained in our time that were lost very quickly by the church. They have not yet been recovered, but you must recover them.......You must recover the ministry and the message." (p. 146 Final Quest)
3. "Fake" Paul: "Except for a few places in the world where there are great persecutions or difficulties, we can hardly recognize either the ministry or message that is being preached today. Therefore, the church is now but a phantom of what it was even in our time, and we were far from all we were called to be." (p. 147 Final Quest)
4. "Fake" Thomas a Kempis: Talking about Christians in the past, (They) "began to substitute their own words for His words......This has happened to every movement until now. Do you think you can do better than all of the other torchbearers?" (p. 38 Torch and Sword)
Comment: Completely untrue. Satan is the accuser of the brethren.
5. Rick (at the mountain): "Most of the ledges were occupied by soldiers which I recognized to be from different denominations or movements that emphasized the truth of the level they were defending." (p. 54 Final Quest)
Comments: The demons were trying to teach that different denominations are at different levels and Rick will end up at the highest level with the "full truth". This is like the first vision Joseph Smith had where the demons pretending to be God and Jesus said that all the denominations were wrong. See the extract from his vision below. Joseph Smith was given the responsibilty to reveal the truth so he could restore the Church.
Extract from Joseph Smith's First Vision in the Forest (Source: Joseph Smith 2, The Pearl of Great Price)
After seeing a "fake" Jesus and a "fake" God the father (demon impersonators), Joseph Smith says ".....My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know of which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the Personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right, and which I should join.
I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong, and the Personages who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomimation in his sight, that those professors were all corrupt, that: "they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof."
He again forbade me to join with any of them...."
Lord Jesus, please protect us from these lies, with your precious, holy blood. Amen.